Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Night Photography in Singapore

Night photography! We meet again! After I learned some lessons from the night photography in Malacca, I'm giving myself another chance to try it out again:)

 Alright, this time with lower ISO, which is around 400, I was able to avoid getting noise at the darker region of the photo. The original photo was way too colorful and none of the color stood out, so I've decided to made it black and white:)
 For the above picture, I attempted to use the tilt shift effect so that the trees will look miniaturized.

Yes, I've made it black and white again for the same reason:)
How about some vintage effect instead of black and white? Let me know what you think about it:)

Garden's by the Bay! It's very different from the usual night photography here because the super tree itself is bright. Without proper exposure control, the top region of the super tree would appear to be over exposed. Since its reflection on the water were weaker compared to its actual brightness, a filter was used to lower  down the brightness of the actual super tree. 

Alright, I know what you're thinking, the super tree was overexposed right? Yes you are right, and that's just how difficult to find the right balance between all the settings. Furthermore, I did not bring a timer to perform bulb mode again(sigh). So all the shots taken were below 30 seconds of shutter speed:( 
Voila! a closer shot of the super tree! Thanks to the 16-35mm wide angle lens that I brought along, I was able to capture it when I was directly under the super tree!

The lesson: Please bring along a timer to try out bulb mode next time:p

No comments:

Post a Comment