Sunday, September 1, 2013

STGCC: Iron Man Everywhere!

Oh well, it has been 9 months since my last blog entry. Sorry about that and I will try to update this blog consistently again:p

Yup, nine months are really long but that doesn't mean that I didn't do any photo or video shooting in order to make a blog entry. In fact, I was quite busy with event coverage and video projects (apart from studies and exams, hehe).

Alright, nuff said for the sincere apologies, let's talk about the event of the day- Singapore Toy, Games and Comic Convention (STGCC)

As the event title suggests, it is a place where you get to see toy, games and comic.....that comes to life! According to the official website, it is basically an event that "combines the best of pop culture from East and West, uniting the worlds of comic, anime, manga, toys, collectibles, games and movies." In short, it is like an Anime Festival and Comic Con.

Ah, so you now think that I am an Anime or Marvel Fanboy? Not really, I don't even know most of the characters there. I attended this event simply because I want to practice some random flash photography, which is new to me. At the same time, I also wanted to see Cony and Brown, my favorite characters from the LINE App.

Without further ado, let's take a look at some of the highlights:

IRON MAN
so MANY Iron man around! All the way up from 1/12 scale to life size!

Small Iron Man Figurine

Iron\ Man, life size

Iron Man gold version, life size

Iron Man Baby version (Iron Baby?)


Iron Baby


Iron Man's Wife


Iron Man with real kids

Iron...Chicks?

Alright, as you can see, there are so many versions of Iron Man (or women or baby) and I have no idea what kind of Iron Man are these, despite of the cool look:


and MORE Iron Man:




2. Other figurines
Although the entire convention seems to be dominated by Iron Man, there are quite a number of highly detailed figurines as well:


Batman

Superhero Meeting

Spiderman

Michael Jordan?

Soldier (I think it's from a game)

Chicken Hair Clip

Mini Optimus Prime

Transparent Optimus Prime



Astro Boy!


Soldier

Old Master Q!

Robocop

Hey, I'm batman, do you want to know my secret identity?

Bruce Lee

Cool Guy

The man with Wings

Captain America

Storm Trooper

 Megatron!!

Awesome Megatron!! Guess how much it costs?


Yup, you see the price...


 3. COSPLAY
Of course you will see cosplayers walking and posing around in this kind of event! Well, some of them looks scary, others look quite nice and simple.

Kyo Kusanagi and Iori Yagami!


As I have said, some of cosplays are really simple.


 MORE cosplays outside the convention hall:

Asian Wolverine




In my opinion, it is an interesting event in general, I think I've made the right choice to practice my flash photography there due to the abundance of photo subject:)

No comments:

Post a Comment